Monday, June 26, 2006

Inverness

We stopped for lunch at Inverness and hopped off the bus giggling as Dave warned us that only ugly people live in Inverness and that anyone pretty and/or smiling had to be a visitor. It's a nice enough little city. It felt vaguely odd though to be back in a city as the Highlands aren't densely populated as a rule. Our mission was to make sure that everyone had something pink to wear for our final night together. *g* I had stuff in my bag but for the rest there were some very surprised charity stores...
It was a really nice lunch though. I found a cool bakery that sold sciones (yay!) and spent a good chunk of time wandering around the city, near the castle and along the river bank and through the back streets talking to Nick who (darling wonderful man) forwent sleep to call me on my cellphone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home