Thursday, March 23, 2006

Good News from Work

Yay, I get to work at Aidan's pub again this week! My boss is going to try and loan me to them one day each week, normally a Friday but sometimes on other days. This is brilliant as a) it helps to get my hours up as my shifts get cut if we're not taking enough money in, b) I actually get to keep my tips there and they help to fund my internet cafe time, c) it means that I get to work with Kelly & the other chiquitas. It's kind of lonely here since our pub is frequented by the forty and fifty crowd - the same age group as Terry & Caroline who aren't the sort to go out for a cup of coffee. It's hard to know where to meet people, at least if you're looking for company & conversation rather than to pick up, so working over there is great. Aidan grabs a lot of peope from other Spirit businesses at the end of the week - all of whom are from other countries and mostly came through the same recruitment agency as me to have work & accom. set up. Kelly's from Brisbane for instance, and they're all in they're twenties so working there's a blast. It was cool getting to chill out with a bunch of girls on our breaks there last week. So yay :P

Also, there's going to be a bunch of extra hours coming my way which will kill me but the money will be useful. Terry's going on holiday for two weeks in April so I'll be working every day then. Then in May we're refurbishing the pub (ourselves) and then there's the Chelsea Flower Show round the corner from us, so that will be another two weeks without time off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home