Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I meant to update this properly today, truly I did! But it was only raining lightly so I walked out to the Tate instead :) It is gorgeous! [The Tate Britain not the Tate Modern - I will go to the latter aussi but I'm not a huge fan of modern art]. There's the National Gallery as well but the Tate Britain is all British artists. There are these huge oils that you have to keep stepping further and further backwards in order to be able to see. It's the sort of thing that just screams wealth - not just for commissioning the artist to paint something that large but simply because of the size of the wall that you'd need to display it properly! I love the old oils - like Ophelia, King Cophetua and the Beggar Maid, Mariana and The Awakening Conscience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home