Thursday, March 09, 2006

The first touristy day

I actually set out in the hope of finding Waterloo International on holiday so that I could try and find someplace that does post and find an internet cafe and tourist pamphlets and all that sort of thing. The good thing about walking everywere is that you find lots of useful places along the way. Within a ten minute walk I have the local library, Tube, Coach & Train stations, internet cafe, Sainsbury, Chemist, Marks & Spencers (Food Only), an MBE (like Royal Post but less of a walk) and tourist centre. The library is a godsend since I've found out that I'm only getting paid monthly and we're just starting the new cycle today. So free entertainment is all good. They are also fantastic because I have yet to find a video store or movie theatre but the library has a big, cheap selection of DVDs i.e. I've got half a season of CSI for a week on £3.

So I off I wandered and since Buckingham Palace seemed to be on the way.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home