Friday, January 20, 2006

You would not like the beach today

You would not like the beach today,
You would not like me today.
We are both battered and unclean
from the storm.
I want to seek you out
so you can hold me
like you did once.
But you are too far
and we, too, are distant.
I need your touch, your security.
But that is like building
a castle in quicksand.
So I am alone - again.
You would not like the beach today.
Beneath the thundering waves
the taniwha are weeping.
You would not like me today.

A good trick -
not sly
but always beats me,
the forgiving and trusting.
A bad trick
with a believer.

See,
there is an angel face
and there is an ice face.
The ice face is cruel and angry,
but his angel face
is soft and safe -
leans into me, and I am
mother and lover.

~ anon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home