Monday, February 27, 2006

Places to go, things to see

Julie at work was kind enough to give me a list of her favourite pubs from when she lived in Kent and Dad's thrown in another one or two as well. Since I'll only lose small pink bits of paper (the current post-it notes in front of me), I thought it wise to post them up here where I can reference them. Please also feel free to add more suggestions through the comments field :)

Rochester, Kent
- Dickens Museum
- Fantastic second-hand bookstore

Hook & Hatchet Pub, Hucking, Kent

Inn on the Green, Bearsted, Kent

St Aubun's Hotel, Jersey, Chatham Isles
- 1 hr flight from London; taxi from St Hellier to St Aubun
- Amazing, cheap, fresh seafood.

White Horse (?), Dad's local, Hollingbourne, Kent

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Go to Bearsted! I grew up there and went to Eylesden Court Prep School on the Green.

More pubs to visit:

The White Horse, Bearsted Green
Ship Centurion Arminius, Whitstable
Chequers, Doddington
Sun Inn, Faversham
Man of Kent, Ashford
Duke Without a Head, Wateringbury
Wool Pack, Tenterden
The Dering Arms, Pluckley
New Inn, New Romney
The Park Gate Inn, Hollingbourne
The Pilot, Maidstone
The Red Lion, Lenham
The Rifle Volunteer , Maidstone
Summoner , Sittingbourne
The Swan, Wittersham
The Tickled Trout , Wye
The World's Wonder, Warehorne

At which pub are you working?

11:48 am  
Blogger Nixie! said...

I'm working in a pub in Pimlico. It's fantastic as it's so close to everything! *g* My first shift is tomorrow! Thanks for the list :)

6:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home